On Authority, Delegation & Jeopardy (feat. Terry McDougall)
This week, Annie P. Ruggles and Executive Coach Terry B. McDougall look at the solopreneur/freelancer and owner/employee dynamic. How do you know what to delegate? Is it insulting to assign certain tasks? And what does any of this have to do with the late great Alex Trebek?
*Parentpreneur advisory: this episode contains colorful language
Please be sure to listen, review, and share her podcast, ¡Marketing Mambo!
- It's time to identify and start using your leverage points.
- Think of your energy within a budget. What will bring the biggest return?"
"Sometimes, you have to take out the trash in order to do the job. You have to do everything that is required to finish. And not every part of it is gonna be the most fun in the world but it is super satisfying when you get the result." (Terry McDougall)
- "Stop apologizing for using the authority that is yours to use." (Terry McDougall)
- "Nobody’s ever gonna come along and be like ‘here’s the rule book with everything that you are allowed to do.'" (Terry McDougall)
- "Find your happy medium and apologize only when there is something to make right. Your client will thank you and possibly even pay for it." (Annie)